Sexual Harassment and Professional Boundaries Training
When : June 5th, 2019
Where : St. Thomas More School, Oakdale, CT
Topics : Sexual Harassment Prevention, Professional Boundaries
Cost : Free
1 – 3 pm
Sexual Harassment Prevention Training Objectives:
- To understand the concept and definitions associated with sexual harassment
- To identify situations and behaviors that could be perceived as sexual harassment
- To understand a supervisor’s obligations and responsibilities to create and maintain a harassment-free work environment.
- To apply specific strategies for preventing and eliminating sexual harassment in the workplace.
- To appropriately respond to allegations of sexual harassment.
- To apply specific strategies to promote healing after allegations of sexual harassment.
NOTE: In order to satisfy state sexual harassment prevention training requirements, if applicable to employer, attendees must arrive on time and attend the full two-hour session.
Professional Boundaries Training
The objective of this training is to understand the definition and consequences of crossing professional boundaries including:
- Treating one student differently from another.
- Violation of the position of trust between a student and teacher.
- Abuse of power in a teacher’s relationship with a child.
- Teachers using their relationship to meet their own needs instead of the needs of their students.