New England New Teacher Seminar 2.0
When : August 8-11, 2019
Where : Stoneleigh-Burnham School, Greenfield, MA
Topics : Teaching
Cost : $700
This program begins on August 8th at 4 pm and concludes on August 11th at 1:45 pm
Designed specifically for teachers who are entering their 2nd through 5th year of teaching, this program will provide hands-on practical workshops so that teachers of any grade level can reflect on the work they do daily in the classroom and enhance their practice in the art and science of teaching. Graduate Credit available through Mt. Holyoke College
Major highlights of this 3-day, residential program include opportunities to:
- Work intensively with master teachers to understand best practices in individual disciplines and to develop concrete strategies for enhancing student dialogue, promoting safe and supportive classrooms, and developing students’ metacognitive and higher order thinking skills.
- Work with Heather Flewelling of Milton Academy and Rebekah Jordan of Indian Mountain School to develop the self-awareness and strategies to serve students who bring a diverse array of cultural backgrounds, academic needs, and skills to the classroom environment.
- Analyze and reflect upon lesson plan and teaching practice through video critique.
- Investigate and experiment with strategies for integrating brain research into lesson design, creating classroom climate, engaging students, assessing effectively, differentiating instruction and incorporating technology.
- Collaborate with colleagues in the process of lesson study