When : August 12th - 15th, 2020
Where : Online
Topics : new teachers
Cost : $550
NENTS 2.0: Next Steps
Dates / format: August 12 – 15; Sessions every day from 9 am – 3 pm will include a blend of synchronous and asynchronous work (NOTE: August 12th session will begin at 1pm)
Audience: Teachers entering 2nd – 5th year of teaching – All Grade Levels
Register below or reserve your spaces by July 15th by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Designed specifically for teachers who are entering their 2nd through 5th year of teaching, this program will provide hands-on practical workshops so that teachers of any grade level can reflect on the work they do daily in the classroom and enhance their practice in the art and science of teaching.
NENTS 2.0 will enable teachers to build a foundation for lifelong growth through reflection and the development of a focused plan for improvement that builds on strengths, acknowledges needs, and identifies resources and supports.
Major themes for this program are:
Reflection: Becoming a reflective practitioner
Relationships: Understanding the importance of relationships in a classroom
- What do students need?
- How do I build/improve my relationships with students?
- What is the impact of my identity in building these relationships?
Classroom Organization: Organizing classrooms for learning
- What can cognitive science teach us about how learning happens, what works and what doesn’t?
- What classroom structures are helpful to and supportive of learning?
- How can we organize our classrooms and our lessons to best support student learning?
Instructional Design: Designing instruction to develop important skills and deep understanding
- What instructional strategies support student engagement and learning?
- What is the role of assessment and feedback?
Technology: How can we leverage the power of technology to better support student engagement and learning?